Monday, September 23, 2013

Human Frailties, Human Strengths: Cover Art

Husband-Beast (aka Chinchbug, to his artist friends) has done a gorgeous cover for Human Frailties, Human Strengths, and I wanted to share it before the story comes out. He's currently hard at work on covers for the five-book sci fi series, the first book of which will be out in early 2014, if all goes according to plan (shh... don't tell the Universe I said that...). The nice thing about having my cover artist living in my house (and dependent on me for meals, laundry, bathroom cleaning, and kid-wrangling) is that we can have conversations like this:

Jaye: Dude, can you make Ash look a little more evil?
Chinchbug: (not Husband-Beast, because he's in Artist Mode, and we have to Respect that) Evil?
Jaye: Yeah, you know, like he eats puppies for breakfast, or something.
Chinchbug: Hmm... I think I might actually have a template for that...
Jaye: (impressed) Really?
Chinchbug: After reading your synopsis and character descriptions for that sci fi series, I figured I was going to need a lot of shocked, terrified, and generally miserable dudes for the covers.
Jaye: (shuffling feet) Er... they get happy endings...
Chinchbug: Yeah, well, let's just say I'm glad I don't live in your head and leave it at that, shall we?

So yeah, it's like that at my house. Anyway, here's the new cover:







No comments:

Post a Comment